Is working night shift bad for your health? According to studies, working at night can have serious health consequences. This includes call center agents, entertainers, security guards and more.
When our sleep is reversed, the level of melatonin (a good chemical) in our body decreases. It has been found that melatonin levels depend on the light of our environment. Our melatonin levels increase when the area is dark and we are asleep. Melatonin, on the other hand, decreases when there is sunlight or light around us.
According to the World Health Organization, working at night can cause diseases such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, obesity and heart disease. To remedy this situation, I have some advice:
1. While on duty at night, reduce the light around you. Lower the computer beam. Yellow light can also be used in the room instead of white fluorescent light which is very bright. This is so that our melatonin does not decrease in the body.
2. Just take a nap during the day. Try to sleep for 7-8 hours to recover from sleep. It is better to sleep continuously than to be interrupted.
3. Make your room dark. Put dark curtains or shutters on the windows. Melatonin levels rise when the area is dark.
4. Use eye shades and ear plugs to reduce light and noise around.
5. Strive to live a clean life and eat nutritious food. Do not smoke or drink alcohol. In this way, we can combat the dangers posed by night work.
6. As a final piece of advice: If you can reduce night duty, it will help. If you have a night-shift duty as a security guard, you may be able to switch to a morning shift after a month. It is also possible that you will find another job one day.
Do you think this article is useful? Please share it with those close to your heart who are always awake at night.